Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Poems #11 of Year 59


Language is a huge paint box. This wordplay, in which I engage each day, reminds me of blending colors and painting splotches; sometimes they make sense and sometimes not. It’s the process that matters here.

Last night I picked today’s word and got an early start composing a poem for it. Oh my, what was I thinking?

“Delayed”
 
Alone
For
The moment am I, for
Everyone
Rushed ahead…to die.

It sounded too dark for this morning's lovely sunshine and birdsong. Here is the next one I wrote for the word ‘after.’

Acting on an additional thought,
Fraught with contradiction,
The senator contrived to
Even the score with
Repugnant malediction.

My friend was watching the wildlife segment of a morning show. After we discussed how amazing and magnificent animals are, I felt inspired to compose a third poem for today’s word.

Animals of this world will
Fare better when
The uptight, upright mammals
Evolve to living more
Respectfully.

 

No comments: